Purpose and Who we are
1 King Street W, Suite 4800 – 271
M5H 1A1, Canada
- As a Controller: As a business, we collect, store, protect, use and delete PII data provided by you in order to carry on as an ongoing business concern. This policy outlines the access, use, disclosure and removal of PII data from within our systems.
- As a Processor: We have policies and business practices in place to ensure our Users and Customers are compliant with all Regulations pertaining to PII, including but not limited to removing or anonymizing your Personally Identifiable Information within the required timeframe.
The Information We Collect
We may collect Personally Identifiable Information in the following ways.
Personally Identifiable Information provided directly by you or via third parties with your consent.
Register for a Trial Account and/or Paid Account Registration, Request a Demo of our Software, Download our Content, or Register for an Event on our Site: If you request a free trial account or register for a paid account on our Site, request a demo of our software, access our whitepapers or case studies, or register for an event on our site, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as but not limited to your name, title, department, work phone number, company name, project management experience and work email address.
Newsletter and Other Promotional Email: You may request to receive information on our upcoming events, product updates, knowledge sharing articles by email. To receive these updates, you may be required to provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as but not limited to your name and work email address.
Blogs and Knowledge Forums. We may offer information on our blog and public forums where you can comment and share your knowledge on topics involving Products and Service Offerings. To participate, you may be required to register with us and/or provide us with Personally Identifiable Information such as but not limited to your name and email address. Please keep in mind that information you post or make available on our Blog or Knowledge Forums will be publicly available. You should not post any Personally Identifiable Information or other information of a personal or sensitive nature, whether relating to you or another person, on the Blog or Knowledge Forum.
Product Certification. You can become certified on our Products by completing and passing the Product Certification test. To take the test, you will need to provide Personally Identifiable Information such as but not limited to your name, company name, and work email address.
Surveys. We may receive Personally Identifiable Information when you provide information in response to a survey operated by us. Such Personally Identifiable Information that is received includes but may not be limited to your name, title, company name, work phone number, work email address, and project management experience.
Third Party Credit Card Processing. We provide you with the ability to pay for our Products and Services using a credit card. We process your credit card through a third-party payment processing service provider. Our payments processor, not us, collects your credit card details to process your purchase. By purchasing Products and Services with a credit card, you consent to allowing us to share your details with our Credit Card Processing Vendor.
Furthermore, in order to provide the right response, we may request and track additional Personally Identifiable Information such as primary language, interaction history, time zone, social media account handles, attendance at a requested Product demo session, and activity history with our Products. We do not request, store or track Confidential information such as Birthdate, race, gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity.
Information relating to your use of our Site.
When users come to our Site, we may track, collect and/or aggregate information indicating, among other things, which pages of our Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, what content was consumed, and which hyperlinks were “clicked.” Collecting such information may involve logging the IP address, operating system and browser software used by each user of the Site. We may be able to determine from an IP address a users Internet Service Provider and the geographic location the point of connectivity.
How We Use Personal Information
The primary use of your Personal Identifiable Information is to fulfill the request for which it was received, including but not limited to:
- Fulfilling a Trial Account request;
- Scheduling a meeting to demonstrate our software to you;
- Send you our newsletter and other promotional emails and offers that you have opt-in for;
- Respond to your inquiry.
- Trial Account. If you request a free trial account, we may use Personally Identifiable Information to share product information with you via email to assist with your development of using our Products.
- Product Updates. We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to provide product updates and alerts to you, including Site outages, performance alerts, and product upgrades.
- Third Party Providers. We use Third Party service providers and vendors (Providers) such as online CRM software, web hosting, online User Management software, etc to run our business. By using such services, we do not transfer or assign any rights to your data to these Providers, and our relationships are governed by contractual service level agreements around data privacy, security, and restricted access to data to reasonably perform the services on our behalf.
- Information relating to your use of our Site. We use information relating to your use of the Site to provide a personalized, relevant experience and to build higher quality, more useful services by performing statistical analyses of the collective characteristics and behavior of our visitors and users. We may also use this information to ensure the security of our services and the Site.
- Third Party Channel Partners. We may use Third Party channel partners to act on our behalf to fulfill your request to evaluate, purchase, deploy or provide Technical Support related to our Products and Services. By doing so, we may disclosure your Personally Identifiable Information to those Third-Party channel partners that have the same level of privacy protection as us.
- Identity Verification. When identity verification is required, we use the Personally Identifiable Information that we collected to verify your identity and Account.
Retention of Personal Information
The length of time we retain Personally Identifiable Information for depends on the purposes for which we collect and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws or subject to the provisions in our Terms, including but not limited to:
- Comments Shared on Our Blog or Forum: Such information is retained indefinitely in order to provide a rich user experience. Comments may be deleted by you or you may request to have such comments deleted from our Blog or Forum, at which time, the information would not be retained.
- Newsletter subscription. When you Opt-In to our newsletter, your email address will be added to our newsletter distribution list and will remain on the list until you opt-out or when our newsletter ceases to be published, which ever comes first.
- Trial Account: If you activate a Trial Account then let the Account expire, your information will be retained for up to six (6) months, after which, the Trial Account will be deleted from our User Management system.
Safeguards and Access
To keep your Personal Information secure, you are required to safeguard your Account information, including your Account URL, ID and password confidential. We restrict unauthorized access to your Personally Identifiable Information through protective measures that include:
- providing reasonable physical and electronic safeguards with regard to the storage of Personal Information;
- limiting access to your Personal Identifiable Information to those employees, contractors or partners who require access in order to initiate, support or fulfill your request and our business operations.
Verify or Deleting your Personal Information
You can access your Personally Identifiable Information and update your details and/or preferences through our Site. Updating your personal profile associated with your Trial Account can be completed in the User section of the Software. Email and newsletter preferences can be updated using the Email Preferences Center at any time.
Withdraw consent to cookies:
If you would like further information in relation to your rights or would like to exercise any of them, you may contact our Privacy Officer at [email protected] for more information. If you reside or are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any Personally Identifiable Information we hold about you;
- update any Personally Identifiable Information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any Personally Identifiable Information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your Personally Identifiable Information;
- provide your Personally Identifiable Information to a third-party provider of services;
- provide you with a copy of any Personally Identifiable Information which we hold about you.
Should you request to withdraw your Personally Identifiable Information from within our systems, please note that there will be residual information that may remain within our systems, access logs and other records, which may not contain your Personally Identifiable Information. Please also note that certain Personally Identifiable Information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your Personally Identifiable Information to comply with a legal obligation. When you email us with a request, we may ask that you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Identifiable Information may have been compromised, we will notify you via email within 72 hours and provide the currently available information on the security concern.
Additionally, we will never send electronic messages (email, SMS text, etc.) to you requesting Personal Identifiable Information such as passwords, credit card numbers, birth dates, or other personal information. Please do not act or respond to such requests.
Questions, Comments or Concerns
1 King Street W, Suite 4800 – 271
M5H 1A1, Canada
Special Considerations for When We are a Data Processor
Disclosing Personal Information
As a Data Processor, we do not disclose or share Personally Identifiable Information and non-Personally Identifiable Information unless required to fulfill our contractual obligations or required by law.
Deleting your Personal Information
Should you wish to delete all your Personally Identifiable Information from your former or current Company Account, you will need to contact the Account Holder to complete this request. Under the Service Level Agreements in place with our Customers, we can only intervene if legally obligated to do so in order to complete the request.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless for any loss, cost, complaint, damage, claim or liability whatsoever arising from your disclosure to us of Personal Information relating to your Company Representatives to enable us to set up a user id for such Company Representatives.