An Activity Exception Report is a type of project management report that helps to identify activities where important data is missing or hasn’t been entered.
- The report provides an overview of all activities within a project or portfolio and highlights any missing data or incomplete information.
- The report can be customized to include built-in fields such as Start Date, Estimated Hours, etc. or custom fields that you define.
Approval Summary Report
An Approval Summary Report is a project management report that groups projects and/or activities with the purpose of reviewing approval requests at the macro level.
- The report summarizes all approval requests made within a project or portfolio and presents them in a user-friendly format that is easy to review.
- The report is typically used to track and manage approvals for key project milestones or deliverables, such as project plans, budgets, and change requests. By grouping these approvals together, project managers can easily track the status of each request and identify any bottlenecks or delays.
- The Approval Summary Report can be filtered to identify approvals that are outstanding and/or rejected. This helps project managers quickly identify areas where approvals are required, but have not yet been granted, and take steps to expedite the approval process.
Similarly, identifying approvals that have been rejected can help to identify areas where additional work may be required before resubmitting the approval request.
Open Tasks by End Date
Open Tasks by End Date Report is a project management report that provides a visual representation of when tasks are scheduled to end.
The report takes the form of a heatmap, with color-coding used to represent different end dates. This provides project managers with an immediate, visual understanding of when tasks are scheduled to end, helping to avoid resourcing issues and ensure that tasks are completed on time.
The report also includes a table below the heatmap that displays all of the details of the tasks on a particular date. This allows project managers to easily identify problem dates and take corrective action as necessary. By selecting a date on the heatmap, project managers can quickly drill down to view the details of the tasks scheduled to end on that date.
The Open Tasks by End Date report can also be customized to include various filters, such as by portfolio, customer, department, and more. This allows project managers to drill down further and identify specific areas of the project that may require additional attention.
An Activity Baseline Report is a project management report that helps track the progress of tasks and activities against their planned baseline schedule.
- The report provides a ratio of how many tasks have been completed on time or earlier, versus those that have missed their deadline. This helps project managers to identify areas where tasks are falling behind schedule and take corrective action as necessary.
- The report can also be drilled down to see the details of individual late tasks. This allows project managers to investigate the causes of delays and identify areas where improvements can be made to prevent future delays.
The report provides a clear view of how tasks are progressing against their planned baseline schedule, helping project managers to identify potential delays and take corrective action as necessary. By identifying areas where tasks are falling behind schedule, the report helps project managers to allocate resources more effectively, ensuring that tasks are completed on time and within budget.